Our School Offer for pupils with Additional Needs is detailed below in our document library. If you require more information, please contact the School Office on 01460 52686 and ask to speak to Mrs Kerry Lewis our SENCO (Special Educational needs Co-ordinator). Further information regarding SEND (Special Educational Needs and Disabilities) including the Local Offer can be found on the Somerset Choices website, the link for which is below:
The Core Standards are designed to make sure that all education settings comply with updated legislation. They make it clear ‘what to expect’ in terms of SEND identification and provision for a range of stakeholders, including school staff, parents, and professionals.
- The Core Standards are a framework for delivering to the duties in the SEND Code of Practice
- Every teacher, lecturer or practitioner is a teacher of every child and young person
- Quality First Teaching underpins the Core Standards (and all educational provision)
- The Core Standards have been developed with the Parent Carer Forum, Young People’s Champions, Early Years, Primary, Secondary and Further Education Leaders.
- The Core Standards do not place new or extra responsibilities on education settings. They are a tool to promote consistency across the local authority by making clear what is already expected of all education settings.
The Core Standards for Schools, which Greenfylde’s provision follows can be found via this link: